Sunday, June 27, 2010

EDUC-6713I-5 Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas Course Reflection

For this course we were to come up with our own GAME plan. Each week we did different work to work on our GAME plans and evaluate our own progress. In my own personal GAME plan, I wanted to inspire student learning and creativity by designing and developing digital learning experiences to use in the classroom. To this I came up with my set of goals so I could make these improvements and changes in my classroom next year. The more I began to research, the more I had to modify my plan. As I began to do my research, I began to talk to many of my colleagues, especially in my department, and many of them actually began helping me come up with lesson ideas and ideas of digital tools to use in the lessons. Many of the other teachers in my department decided that they also would like to implement these types of lessons in their classes next year as well, and we all began researching and bouncing ideas off each other, and we eventually began to slowly make progress in this area. Now that school is out, I have had more time to take these ideas and build on them, and am moving toward being able to use these types of lessons next year. To me the implementation of these lessons will be a major move for me in my educational instruction. The more I begin to use these types of activities, the more creative I will become myself when it comes to creating lessons that challenge my students knowledge and creativity. I feel that these will be the types of lessons that motivate my students to learn our content knowledge. By doing these types of lessons, my students will be exposed to real life situations that will benefit them when they are out of school. I am hoping that the skills that I teach my student swill be skills that that they will use for the rest of their lives. This will be more beneficial to them than memorizing facts on things they will never use again in their lives. Also, I am hoping that these types of lessons will increase student participation in the classroom, and this should make my classes more productive to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment